Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Review: And I Darken

And I Darken And I Darken by Kiersten White
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm honestly completely torn with this book. It starts off amazing. Lada is the reason for everything. I love her anger. I love her cruelty. I like that fact that when someone told her she couldn't do something, she just went out of her way to do it better then anyone else. I honestly think my favorite part of the book is when she's about to be married off and she tells her future husband that will she cut his tongue, swallow it, so that when he dies she will be both husband and wife and know freedom. She was still a child when she said this.

While Radu was all sweet faced but learned how to use his words and ears to manipulate everyone around him. Even if he felt guilty about it. He was Lada's opposite in every way but they still had so many things in common. It wasn't until the second half of the book that it got a little slow for me. I do wish it would have gone differently. I wish that she didn't love Mehmed the way she did. There were parts where I wished she had been using him in Oder to go back home and become the leader. In the end she got that. She became Prince, Lada Dracul. The dragon. But she sacrificed her heart to do it. She sacrificed her brother.

I am excited for the sequel though. I want to see how she rules. I want to see how she interacts with Mehmed. I do hope she doesn't marry him. It's the one thing she doesn't want, no matter what. She won't be owned by anyone. I hope that's not something that's changes in the coming book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment