Friday, June 10, 2016

The Time I Met Maggie Stiefvater

The Raven King Tour came to it’s conclusion yesterday, June 9th at Books A Million in Kissimmee, FL. Let me just tell you that I was freaking out all day long, just waiting to see Maggie in all her amazingness.




So me and my friend got there pretty early. The event didn’t star until 7pm, but we just couldn’t keep our excitement to ourselves, so we ended up at BAM around 1pm. Once there, we proceeded to hang out, watch the wonderful booksellers set up the area for Maggie and get our reserved seating!! We got #1 and #2 and I’m not sure about my friend, but I was panicking at the fact that I was going to be first to get my boo signed and possible speak with her. 
I should mention that this was the first time I’ve ever been to an author signing and Maggie happens to be one of my favorite authors.

We waited oh so patiently for her to show! The store was buzzing with amazing energy. Filled with so many of her fans who could not stop talking about all the books she’s written. I was completely spazzing out along side all of them.

A selfie of me and the beautiful levslonglegs.

and all of Maggies amazing fans! There’s more, I just could not fit all of us in the picture.

But finally she was here! She was absolutely amazing. Maggie was just so laid back and so funny too! I do follow her here on tumblr and always thought she was so cool, but meeting her in person was just such a different experience. Like she was the person who created Ronan Lynch! Ronan who I connected with the very first time he was introduce. Whom I spent time agonizing and crying over. Needless to say, I was speechless.

After her stories and her Q&A, it was time to go up and meet her one on one and have her sign our books. Part of me was excited, like yes I’ve been waiting forever for this and I’m so ready. Then the other part was like, oh god, I’m first. What if I can't talk, what if I say the wrong thing, what if I can't even move???
Luckily everything went great! she asked me some questions and thankfully I was able to answer them. She was such a sweet person and so kind. I’m so happy that I was able to experience this.
Thank you so much Maggie, I don’t know if I will ever stop thanking you for the Raven Cycle and especially for Ronan. I connected with this book so much, and it helps me through such a bad time in my life. I will forever be thankful for you and the chance that I got to meet you. I can’t wait to see what you come up with in the future. Thank you so much for basically making this one of the top ten greatest experiences of my life

No comments:

Post a Comment