Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Review: Close Enough to Touch

Close Enough to Touch Close Enough to Touch by Colleen Oakley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I both loved this book and was left wanting so much more when it ended. I love Jubilee so much and I liked that the chapters changed between her and Eric. I like watching what they both thought about each other and how they both handled Aja. Who by the way I completely loved him and his x-men obsession. At the same time though, I wish there was just so much more to this book. I only read the unedited ARC and hopefully theres something different in the final very version. All in all it was a great book to read and left me smiling at the interacting between Erik and Jubilee. I thought they were adorable together.

It was just the ending that go to me. I didn't mind that I was told in Jubilee's point of view, what got to me that it was suddenly seven years later. We don't really know much about what happened during that time with Eric, even though half the story was told from his point of view, but even with Jubilee, it felt like the beginning of the last chapter was just a summery of the last seven years. Like something that needed to be thrown together so it could explain their kiss and the reason why they were finally able to have it. I don't believe they kept in touch during the time, and Erik appeared out of the blue, found her, realized he could touch her and kissed. I wish it hadn't taken so long for it to happen. I'm glad it did. But it still left me wanting to know what happened during the time in between.

All in all it was a fun read and I did like the chemistry between the two.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment